How many times do we have to explain?
- It’s fair use. Not stealing. We do satire commentary.
- Most of this art isn’t by little kids. Yes, it’s sad, but it’s true. This art is done by teenagers most of the time.
- Welcome to the internet, where if you post something publicly for everyone to see it, you can expect criticism and commentary.
- We used to draw shitty Warriors fan art too and we probably would have grown out of that phase much quicker if someone were around to poke fun at our old art.
1. ur re posting art without sourcing it. newsflash!! thats art theft
2. that doesnt matter????its still bullying. and its not “sad” the art isnt even bad
3. just because youre on the internet doesnt mean its ok. and you arent even giving any helpful criticism.
4. i know people whos art has been posted on here and it actually just discourages them from drawing. art theft and bullying isnt “poking fun”
Disregarding the numbered format. We get it. You’re probably young (and if you aren’t young, our apologies) and you don’t yet understand the appeal of poking fun at something from a nostalgic standpoint. We’re posting art without sourcing because we want to make it harder for people to track down the artists so that they won’t be bullied. This is not art theft. Art theft is taking someone’s art and selling it. We wouldn’t dream of selling any of this art.
You’ve mistaken satire for bullying. They’re not the same things. We’re not actively attacking anyone, just making snarky comments about pieces of art found on the internet. We’re not personally attacking anyone. We don’t think any of these people are lesser just because of their art skill. We’re sure they’re mostly fine and upstanding people who just don’t yet know how to draw. But this will change, they will improve and grow, and one day their art will be stellar.
We’re not here for helpful criticism. We give it if we’re asked to give it but we’re an entertainment blog. We post things so people can laugh at them. Your friends shouldn’t be discouraged from drawing. That’s ridiculous. They should know that just because someone says something about their art doesn’t mean they’re even accurate or correct. Why do our opinions matter to your friends? They should ignore us and continue drawing, improve, and keep on no matter what us nasty ol’ haters have to say.